Tuesday, August 24, 2010

'Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits' award

This is new to me! Brae, of Otterine.com Blog, nominated me for this award for my unique take on miniatures... and our strange ability to be doing what seems to be nearly the same thing, at the same time.

Thanks, Brae! I appreciate your compliment. :D

Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits Award is orginally from Cate Gardner to honor her forthcoming story collection 'Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits' due out this October. There is a contest with prizes involved...always a good thing. Now on to the business of it all...

++++++++++++
The 'Strange Men in Pinstripe Suits' award is given to only the strangest of folk, and as the recipient of such you are deemed very strange indeed. Congratulations.

Now you must go forth and celebrate the strangeness of friends (and strangers - strangers are always allowed) by nominating blogs run by strange folk. *Beware, some people don't like you to refer to them as strange…Try to avoid them if possible.

Some rules:

1. Add the logo of the award to your blog post.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you (don't mess with strange people).
3. Nominate seven other blogs telling us why you think the recipient is strange enough to deserve the award.
4. Leave a message for those nominated on their blogs.
5. And, if you email catephoenix(at)gmail(dot)com and tell her you've received the award for your strangeness, she'll enter you in the biggest kick-ass Strange Men competition ever. Details over at strangemeninpinstripesuits.com (click on the award link on the home page).

I'm not sure who I would nominate outside of three that have already been covered!

Off to Greenleaf to get my mini friends.... hold on.

Okay, my implications of strangeness are also meant as a compliment!!!

1) Dorothy B of Dollhouse Construction for her soaring talent and the talent just under that of underestimating her stuff. The Princess Anne she is working on is wonderful! Strange that she questions her talent.

2) Paula, from Greenleaf blog : I hardly ever see her on there, but every time she posts something she has done, it is a punch in the face of awesomeness. Strange that she always comes in with a bang. I love it!

3)Kathie B of KathieB's Mini's. Her neurotic attention to detail is strange. And WONDERFUL!! Have you SEEN her quilt shop? Perfection in it's finest representation.

4) Kim over at Little Rosey Posey is wonderfully strange for her completely developed storyline behind her house. LOVE it!

5) Nikki over at Witch and Wizard Miniatures has already gotten one. I think this means she is Uber Strange. ;)

Then I would include those that have already been covered: Brae: totally my mini soul counterpart. It seems we copy one another all the time, though not really copy since we are doing things simultaneously without our knowing. Strange indeed, the great minds we have!! Casey's posts are always a little offbeat, but they make my morning! Best way to start the morning is with a cup of coffee and a laugh from Casey and Tessie. Grace gets it for being freakishly AWESOME at making books and other teeny things.

Now off to tell you all how totally STRANGE I think you are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If the spam gets bad, I will turn the captcha back on! I hope I don't have to!