Thursday, October 31, 2013

Greenleaf Spring Fling 2013 Reveal -Loblolly Westcott House

Presenting, my entry for the 2013 Greenleaf Spring Fling contest:

Loblolly-Westcott House.

The perfect get away, relaxation spot.  Just a few steps down from the manor, is a quaint pool house, built to whisk your worries away.  Come sit in one of the many lounge chairs and soak up the sun, or dip your feet in the pool.  Enjoy the scent of gladiolus and fresh kept grass, along with your ice cold beverage of choice.  Take to the shade on the covered deck to catch up on celebrity gossip.  At night, the pool deck is lit by LED lanterns, and in the colder months, a fire creates just the right ambiance for romance and peace.

Inside, you will find a fully stocked kitchen, where you can prepare food to entertain your quests for all your numerous parties.  An armoire is stocked with reading and towels and the powder room is available for changing and freshening up.  Need a rinse before or after your swim?  Then step on into our amazing outdoor shower.  You will find clean towels, shampoo and wash, as well as a bench for any last minute shaving.

Now, I don't know about you, but after all that work, I think a cocktail and poolside lounging is in order.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The kit this year had so many fun additions, that I couldn't pass up participating:

This is the build from the website.  What COULD happen with all the components. It's pretty darn cool.  I am excited to see how many NON-beach houses happen.... or fishing shops...

I used the main kit, two sets of lattice fencing, the roof upgrade- twice, the screen door, the fancy door and the pier kit with flat top to create this building.

And here is what I came up with:











 Detail post to follow, but for right now, just bask in the eye candy.  And go find the others!!  There are a ton of entrants every year, but here are a few that I know about right off the top of my head Blondie, April, Jane, Keli

Enjoy!!!


17 comments:

  1. *swoon* Great job Lyssa, this is an amazing retreat. *splashes around*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fantastic build, Pea!!! Marvelous details, wonderful setting. Your retreat will be on the top ten for Roadside America in no time! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you guys!!! *blush* And now onto other things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. So fresh and comortable looking. Could really relax there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It´s also so fantastic work as always
    I hope that you win

    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very relaxing and the pool very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic way to use the pier kit! I wish I had thought of that. And I love the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Job! I love the details like the moss growing between the cracks, the beach ball floating in the pool and the lantern lights. I could so relax there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing job! I am curious to see what other people did with that adorable kit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just fantastic! You always amaze me with your beautiful and detailed builds!

    That kitchen is just astounding! and the pool area looks so real !

    Take a bow lady, its AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic! I like the pool.
    Good luck!
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your kind words, everyone! I will be posting detail shots this weekend, and some construction shots, too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! There is a lot going on meaning details, details, details! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome work, Lyssa! What a cozy little place. I can't wait to read more about that pool, it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a transformation. I really love all the exterior details. Great job!
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete

If the spam gets bad, I will turn the captcha back on! I hope I don't have to!