Thursday, August 19, 2010

August 16th: An easel worth your drool!

On August 16th, I sat down at my desk staring at a pile of skinny sticks, craft sticks and various pieces of scrap wood. My tiny resident artist needed an easel and I had the monumental task of creating one for her.

While mulling over how to do this, I first created a stool. This was done by using some square pieces of wood, a dowel and 3 toothpicks. From the stool, I was able to gauge the height of the easel better. I started fitting some pieces together, just placing them together on the desk when, VOILA! It all came together in my head and out came the best easel ever! I also made a rag and palette to go with it, two essential accessories to ANY artist.

Here is the unfinished product:

I am thinking about making a tutorial for my fellow miniaturists over at the Greenleaf Forum.

I then stained it with Plaid Mahogany stain and gave it some paint splashes. The only time I have ever seen a spic and span easel is on display that the store!! To authenticate the rag, I used it to help make the mess!


And then, for even more realism, I ever so carefully replicated a painting that I had done a few years ago:


Overall, I am very pleased with the results! And it looks great in the room with all the art stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If the spam gets bad, I will turn the captcha back on! I hope I don't have to!