Sunday, November 21, 2010

Another commission down and I'm still covered in dust!


The other night, I got a bunch of sanding done on the fire station and I added in the two upper floors and pole. The upper floor on the left will be for storage and the one on the right will be a loft area sporting a bed or two. Middle floor entertainment area should be fun to do, but I have to keep in mind how young my children are!!!

Here is what we got so far:

I also finished up the other commission painting I was working on. It took me a little bit of time, but I pounded the rest of it out VERY late last night when I couldn't sleep. The buyer is quite happy with the results, which makes me over the moon. I like to do a good job. :)


On a side note, I tried to send a USPS Priority Mail Box (flat rate shipping, up to 4lbs) from the UPS store and they wanted to charge me $8.25 to send it!!! It's only supposed to cost $4.95. It will just have to wait until Monday. >=/

3 comments:

  1. The firehouse is coming out great. Its a good thing your boys are so young since you won't have to spend too much time on the little details. But either way, I am sure they will love it!

    Also... OMG... LOVE THE PAINTING!

    As for the shipping, the $4.95 cost is only for the small box. A painting at that size might have to fit into the medium size box which is 8.25 (though I thought it was more expensive) for the flat rate. You will probably have to use your own box and send via parcel or weight based priority for the cost at $5 bux, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I am simeltaneously working on three projects in the garage now. I had to take a break because I was getting loopy from all the fumes. o.O

    There is stain on the loft floors of the firehouse, paint being marbled on a wine cabinet and stripper on a chair.

    Oh, to clarify the shipping... I was trying to send you and Brae (otterine) something in PM boxes that I had. They should be $5, but UPS Store wanted to charge me $8. He told me to take it to USPS and they would charge me the $5. The painting has a box already (the one it arrived in) and it will ship for $5-$10 through UPS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous painting!!! I hope we get to see more of the firehouse- what a fun present!!!

    ReplyDelete

If the spam gets bad, I will turn the captcha back on! I hope I don't have to!