Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hallelujah! We have garage doors!


They aren't working yet, but they are definitely there! One piece of lauan plywood, cut to 8" x 19" with some random thin strip wood I had lying around. I modeled it after a bunch of garage doors I have seen down in St. Cloud. There will be hinges on the left side so it swings open like one big door, but I will have false hinges on the right hand side to keep the look right. I really like how it turned out.





There are only a few more things to do to the outside. I need to weasel 10 bucks or so out of James to get sandpaper and veneer tape for the roof and porch. I am least looking forward to the railing..... and most forward to the landscaping. When I get the outside totally finished and the garage full of goodies, I will turn it back around and concentrate on ONE ROOM AT A TIME.







I hope. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Thats the hardest thing to do... concentrating in one room at time! Its also really nice to see the whole picture of the finished outside. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog and since I love minis too I thought I would follow along :) Your garage doors look fabulous and I really love the front doors! Have a super day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ann! It's not finished yet. I just picked up the stuff to do the porch though. Birch wood veneer edging. And I also got a way cool hinge for the door!!! Sooooooo exciting. It also needs some more trim work, touch ups, SHINGLES and landscaping. :)

    Welcome, Kim! Thanks for following along and please don't mind my prattling. Sometimes, I incessantly babble and carry on. :) Please enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

If the spam gets bad, I will turn the captcha back on! I hope I don't have to!