After a nice vacation down to Kissimmee, I was eager to get back to work on the house. A little bit each night, I tried to pull up some more carpeting and chisel off some more of the siding. There wasn't a whole lot of progress until Saturday night, when I managed to rope James into helping me. We got all the carpet out and virtually all the siding off. It was quite a task that we undertook. One room, in particular, was a real pain! It was as if a whole bottle of tacky glue had been used to stick the carpet in! I left that room to James and he was sweating profusely by the time he was done. See the mess it left behind?
A few sections of the siding came off relatively easy, while others were broke away in pieces. There was one section of the house that was just not going to budge, so I figured I will sand it down and go over it. Still not sure how the outside should be. I know that the "pillar" in the front will be stone, and that is as far as we have gotten on that plan. I didn't get any pictures of the exterior. I will have to do that.
We also took the opportunity (kids were in bed) to cut the luan plywood and make the extension for what will be the kitchen and the now, 2 car garage. It was a lot of work to get it all together. But I think it turned out swimmingly well. Only issue: the house is now nearly 5' wide. Oops.
The picture above is from the front side of the house. The bathroom walls will not be completed until I have the kitchen and garage done and the roof put on. I will have to make new custom windows since the other ones were broken during their removal. There will be a foam core board wall put in betweent he kitchen and the garage with a door connecting the two.