Thursday, July 30, 2015

Drab to Fab

I went on vacation last week, to visit my dear friend, in Destin, Florida.  It was faaaaaaaaabulous.  Beaches, pools, sunshine and relaxation.  Well, as relaxed as you can get with at least 5 kids running around and screaming at any given time. There was also lots of tequila.  HEEEEEYYYYY, margarita!!!

Returned this week to finish up the dining room furniture makeover.  I cannot stand that red cherry finish that seems to be so prevalent in the miniature world. I do, however, love when older furniture is revamped in modern colors and fabrics.

Grey chalk paint-my own mixed color-and grey leaf fabric.  I think Brae has used this fabric before, or one very similar.  If not, I legitimately chose it because it gave me a happy feeling and reminded me of her.  Cue the awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwe.

I pulled out the red velvet inserts and reupholstered them with the new fabric choice.  The chairs were painted with the chalk paint and then sprayed and sealed with Modge Podge Matte.  The table was painted in the same way, though I'm not sure about the top.  I think it might get a more rustic look-carve in planks of wood and paint it white.  I do really like the grey base and the darker grey details.

This is where you learn just how important lighting is!!!  A few of my lamps died and I haven't had time to replace them. See the difference here?!?!
The china cabinet was painted eggshell blue, by Krylon.  I love spray paint.  Makes life so much easier sometimes!!!


Then it all dried and I popped it into the house!  I'm planning on the window frames next and following that up with some curtains.  This corner needs some color.....


Oooh. If I leave the table top dark grey, it might need a runner..... :D  I love the decorating process in miniature.  I really do.





What do we think?  I love the transformation here.  :D  Makes me happy!  Onto the windows!!!





10 comments:

  1. Don't you just love how a little paint changes everything? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Change of color makes it feel brand new. And it's applicable in all sizes!!!

      Delete
  2. Funny how color can give a whole new feel to things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!! :D I have not used that fabric but I totally would. haaaaa I will have to shrink myself and pop over for a dinner party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahahah, I thought maybe you had. I think it just looks like a "you" fabric. :D

      Delete
  4. Looks great! Its amazing how you can breathe life into old furniture with a coat of paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you're having fun. I'll just have to live vicariously through you, since I'm moving and all of my miniatures are in boxes. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine will be headed that way next spring. No part of me is looking forward to that....I finally have a plan for the grass and book you gave me though! Book will eventually be a tiny mouse library and the grass will make a summer vignette.

      Delete
    2. Ooohhh....that sounds nice. Can't wait to see it.

      Delete

If the spam gets bad, I will turn the captcha back on! I hope I don't have to!